When I first started my health and fitness journey the first healthy recipe I ever created were these Raw Chocolate Fudge Brownies. I've been making these for the past 5 years and I've finally perfected the recipe and can happily share it with you!
These brownies are not only healthy, they're also gut loving and packed full of nutrients - which is why I love them so much!
What's so nourishing about them?
Medjool Dates: I use medjool dates as they're full of fibre which is great for digestion. I also love them because they're full of natural sugars and have a delicious caramel flavour - making them the perfect base for these brownies.
Cacao Powder: Cacao is full of antioxidants which is great for reducing inflammation within the body. It's also full of vitamins and minerals and has a deliciously rich chocolate flavour.
Monk Fruit Powder: This is a natural sweetener made from monk fruit. It's very low in calories and you only need a small amount to get the sweetness you desire. This ingredient isn't necessarily needed for this recipe, but it does add a bit of extra flavour!
Marine Collagen: Collagen is not only great for our hair, skin and nails, but it also helps to repair and protect our gut lining! This powder is high in protein and is flavourless - making it the best nutrient dense powder to add to this recipe! These brownies can be made vegan by skipping this ingredient.
Raw Gooey Chocolate Fudge Brownies:
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Nutritious & Delicious
Base: 2 cups medjool dates* 1 cup walnuts 1/2 cup almond meal 1/2 cup Morlife cacao powder 2 1/2 tbsp Morlife marine collagen powder (don't use if you are vegan) 1 tsp vanilla essence / powder 1/2 tsp Morlife monk fruit powder (optional but highly recommended) Pinch of pink salt
Chocolate Topping: 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter of choice) 1/3 cup coconut cream 1/4 cup melted coconut oil 1/3 cup Morlife cacao powder 1/2 tsp vanilla essence / powder 2 tsp Morlife monk fruit powder (optional but highly recommended) 1/4 cup pure maple syrup Pinch of pink salt Small handful of Morlife cacao nibs to sprinkle on the top
Other things you’ll need:
Small baking tin
1. Line a small baking tin with baking paper.
2. Add all of the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture forms a gooey ball and sticks together when you pinch it.
3. Transfer the base into your baking tin and and press it down flat, ensuring it goes to the edges - if you struggle to press it down, try wetting your spoon / spatula.
4. In a medium sized bowl, add all of the topping ingredients and mix with a spatula / whisk until all of the clumps are gone and it’s smooth and glossy.
5. Pour the chocolate topping onto the base layer and evenly sprinkle over a handful of cacao nibs.
6. Put the brownie into the the freezer to set for roughly 1-2 hours. For the perfect fudgey texture, transfer it into the fridge once set.
* If you’re using sun-dried dates instead of medjool dates, I suggest soaking them in boiling water for 10 minutes to help them soften before draining them and adding them into your food processor.
** If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a smoothie blender or nutri bullet - just blend the nuts and dates separately, and then slowly add the other ingredients as you go.
I hope you love these brownies as much as I do!