Guys, it's true.. I was always THAT person who would happily reach for the Cherry Ripe Bar instead of the other chocolates in the box of Cadbury Favourites. Although a lot has changed over the past few years, what still remains is my love for Cherry Ripe!
So of course I did what I do best and put my own healthy spin on the classic Cherry Ripe. I don't want to boast, but I do believe my version is SO much tastier, let alone healthier!
Sorry, enough story telling, I know you're only here for the recipe.. Here it is:
For the Cherry Filling:
1½ cups of pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
¼ cup of coconut flour
1 generous cups of coconut (I use a combination of shredded and desiccated)
2-3 tbsp of 100% pure maple syrup (depending on your sweet tooth)
3 tbsp of melted coconut oil
1 heaped tbsp of Morlife Antiox Beauty Collagen
For the Chocolate:
½ cup of melted coconut oil
½ cup of 100% pure maple syrup (or your preferred liquid sweetener)
½ tsp of vanilla essence
½ cup of Morlife Cacao Powder
1. Add all of the cherry filling ingredients into a saucepan and put on the stove over a medium - low heat.
2. Stir the mixture occasionally until the ingredients start to breakdown and combine.
3. Use a potato masher to mash the ingredients together until everything is broken down and resembles the centre of a cherry ripe bar.
4. Transfer the mixture into a lined baking tray and press it down firmly.
5. Put it in the freezer for roughly 1 hour to set.
6. In a bowl, combine all of the chocolate ingredients and stir well until the chocolate is glossy, smooth and coats the back of your spoon.
7. When the cherry ripe mixture has set, cut it into your desired sized bars.
8. Use 2 forks to individually dunk each cherry ripe bar into the chocolate - ensuring an even coat of chocolate.
9. Place the bars on some baking paper when they've been coated in the chocolate.
10. Once all bars are coated, keep them separated from each other and put them back into the freezer for another hour for the chocolate to set.
11. Once the chocolate has set, transfer the bars into an airtight container and keep them in the freezer.
Watch my video of how to create this recipe here
Don't forget to tag me in your recreations and let me know what you think! @brittany.chatler
Are you struggling to see results with your health and fitness? Do you need an extra push with working out and eating clean? I've put together a FREE eBook with all 18 reasons why you aren't seeing results! You can download it here